BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Overview: This is a really fun, easy, and delicious dish that everyone will enjoy plus it sounds so hard simply because the name is french! This takes about one hour prep. time and cook time to make, and totally worth every minute.

Lime Light: I would like to thank my sister Jessica for actually giving me this recipe. She explained to me how easy it is to make so I do need to thank her and please thank her as well when you too have your delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu. Thanks sis! I would also like to thank Leesha for giving me a wonderful cheese sauce to pour on top of the Chicken Cordon Bleu.

Start out by turning on your oven to 375 degrees and placing a piece of plastic wrap on the preparation surface.


Next you will need three bowls. Put 3/4 cup flour in one. 2 eggs in the second and whip them. 1/2 cup bread crumbs.


Get enough pieces of ham and provolone cheese to place in your chicken when it is flattened. I used 1 piece of cheese and 2 slices of ham per piece of chicken.


Cut up and put 4 Tablespoons of butter into your 9x13 pyrex dish and place dish in the oven to let it melt.


Place your piece of chicken on plastic wrap and place another piece of plastic wrap on top. Then use your hand, rubber mallet, hammer, sledge hammer, meat tenderizer, or whatever you have to flatten your chicken out wide enough to allow it to fold over in half.


In my case, me being a man who loves tools, used my wife's hammer to flatten my once feathered friend. It worked well and didn't even break through the plastic wrap.


I then took one slice of cheese and broke it in half and placed in on the chicken. Don't forget to remove the plastic wrap from on top. By this time, you will want to check your pyrex dish to see if the butter has melted and take it out of the oven.


I then placed two ham slices on top of the cheese. YUM!


Then fold over the other side of the chicken making a chicken taco with the cheese and ham in the middle.


Take your chicken taco and place it in the flour bowl to coat it. A light coating will do fine.


Try and make your chicken flatter than what I did on this one or else your cheese and ham will be sticking out like mine. If it does stick out, no worries because it will still turn out well.


Then take your chicken taco and dip it in the eggs to get a wet coating to which the bread crumbs will stick.


Place your coated chicken taco in the pryex dish with the melted butter. Then place 1 - 3 toothpicks in it so that the ingredients don't fall out.


We bought 4 pieces of chicken and here they all are. Place in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. I cooked them for 45 minutes and they were great!


Here they are 45 minutes later! The butter along the edges burnt a little but the actual chicken turned out spectacular!


I then served the chicken cordon bleu with green beans, cheese, and bacon bits. YUMMY! Hope you enjoy this delicious but elegant meal.


I tried this dish again but this time with the Cheese Sauce that Leesha suggested I try and boy was it delicious! For the recipe click here.

3 comments:

  1. Danny, you never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very good. Next time you should put a cream sauce on it. Take one can of Cream of chicken soup 1/4cup lemon juice, 1/2cup sour cream, a little bit of milk (about 1/2cup)or until it is to the consistency that you would like it to be. You also can add cheese. Bring to a boil let simmer for 5min and poor over chicken.

    ReplyDelete