BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 27, 2009

Cream of Chicken

Overview: I was making my Chicken Cordon Bleu today for my Wife and Mother-in-Law and was trying out a new sauce for it that Leesha suggested I use. Her recipe called for a can of Cream of Chicken which we frantically searched for with 14 minutes to spare but could not find. My Mother-in-Law suggested that I "google" it and we actually found a recipe! You can find it here or look below. It was very fast, easy, inexpensive, and healthy. YUM!


Introducing the "Life Saver." This stuff is great and costs $5 at WalMart and will save you lots of money over its lifetime. It makes broth that tastes better/is healthier for you than buying the actual canned broth. All you do is mix this with hot water and you have chicken broth. On the back it tells you how much to use for a canned serving or more. Amazing!

Once you have made 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth from the above, in a sauce pan pour:

1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
2 Tablespoons Butter

Warm these up on Medium Heat

Then add 2 Tablespoons Flour

Stir all of these until there are no more clumps.

To Make the Sauce for Chicken Cordon Bleu which Leesha gave to me add:

A little less than 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
Up to 1/2 Cup Milk or less if you want a thicker sauce
1/2 Cup Cheese

Bring these to a boil and then simmer for 3 - 5 Minutes

Proceed to pour over chicken and amaze your family or guests!

2 comments:

  1. haha, we do that all the time. Like the other day we couldn't figure out the name of one of our state's senators (don't ask) and she thought for a moment and then said, "Google it."
    I bet one day our kids will be like, "Wow, Google is like so outdated, mom."

    Oh and by the way, since you keep talking about this dish, you'll have to let me try some when I come. Even though it has a funny name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to get some! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete