BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Delicious Waffles

Overview: These waffles are absolutely delicious! I usually make waffles from the box mixes but then I got this recipe to make them from scratch and they are a cinch! Please do not be fooled. I did not make the waffles pictured below but simply "googled" a picture of waffles. Thank you internet! They take a few minutes more that using the waffle mix from boxes.

Lime Light: This waffle recipe was given to me from my sister Jessica. She always has really great recipes! I am thinking I may start up a marketing business since I am showing off everyone's wonderful creations.

Mix together in a medium size bowl:

1 3/4 Cup flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Pinch salt
1/8 Teaspoon baking soda

Then add and mix in:

1 Stick of melted butter
1 1/2 Cup buttermilk
3 eggs

Pour the mix into the waffle iron and you are one step closer to one or more very satisfied tummies.

Tip: Something that my wife has taught me is to warm up your syrup before using it. It makes the waffles even more tasty. Other items to add to your waffles may be: butter, homemade jam, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and any fruit like raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.

More Lime Light: So I just found out that the warming up the syrup idea came down the family tree from Jamie's Grandma, to Jamie's Mom, down to Jamie. Lets give a round of applause to all of our Mothers. Without them, we might be eating cereal and Pop Tarts for every meal.

Please Enjoy!

1 comment: