BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Carved DVD Tower

Overview: This was a really fun project for me. It was my first custom piece of furniture. I actually got all of the wood (It is actually particle board) from a previous employer who was going to throw it all away. I thought for sure I could use it somehow so I asked him if I could have it. This was the result. From the pictures you can only see one side. I made it double deep so when I build a turn table for it you will be able to rotate the whole tower and place DVDs on the opposite side.


My friend, Barry (http://www.thefooze.blogspot.com/) designed this carving on his computer. I painted the whole tower black first and then carved out the picture. This was actually really fun and easier to carve than real wood because there are no grain patterns in particle board.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites. It is functional and it looks professional.

    ReplyDelete