BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cream of Chicken Potato Soup

Overview: This is a great recipe for a nice bowl of warm soup on a cold day especially.

Lime Light: I would like to thank the mystery man that gave me this recipe. I was on the job site one day when they served us some lunch. This was the main dish and it was so delicious. After I ate my portion, with all of the tough construction guys around, I asked the host of the meal for the recipe. I kinda felt weird asking for a recipe around all of these macho guys but hey, this food is worth it!

Now since I got this recipe from a man that made it for 15 - 20 people I will give you both versions: for 15 - 20 people or for 4 - 6 people. This is a pretty easy recipe so you can adjust the amounts to serve the amount you need.

15 - 20 People:

Begin by warming up on the stove:
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup

In a separate pot add to boiling water:
4 - 5 Pounds of red potatoes cut into chunks

Cook these for 10 minutes

After 10 minutes add:
1 1/2 Cups chopped celery

Boil the potatoes and celery combined for another 10 minutes

Turn the heat to medium and strain out the water
Add: the warmed canned creams
3 Tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 Gallon of milk

Be very careful not to scorch the milk ! It is very easy to do this so continue stirring until the soup is warm to the taste and serve.

4-6 People:

The only things that is different that I have tried is to add fewer potatoes and less milk.
Try 1 - 2 pounds of red potatoes that are cut into chunks.
Pour in 1 Quart of milk and see how it tastes.
If it needs more add 1 more Quart of milk.

For more people add more milk and more potatoes. If it gets to be more than 20 I would add in another can of Cream of Mushroom and another can of Cream of Chicken to make 2 cans of each.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment